The Department of Disease Control announced today at the briefing that Thailand has now 50 new cases of the Covid-19 virus, bringing to a total of 322 as of 1:00 p.m.
The Ministry of Public Health also revealed that 278 patients are still in the hospital and 43 others have recovered.
Here are the figures for the new cases:
• 18 who visited the Lumpini Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, including spectators, officials and administrators
• 5 contracted the virus at bars and entertainment venues in Bangkok
• 12 people, including a 6-month-old infant, who had contact with previous patients
• 6 who attended religious ceremonies in the southern provinces of Pattani and Songkhla
• 9 passengers returning from abroad, including 2 Thais returning from England
Globally the total figure has reached 245,913 with a major hit in the US which has now reached 14,366 cases as the numbers keep on rising by the hour.
Photo: Strait Times