The Hua Hin Municipality asked local people to give moral and financial support to Toon Bodyslam, the famous Thai rock singer and the host of the charity campaign for 11 hospitals throughout Thailand. In this campaign, the lead singer of the rock band Bodyslam is running from the from southernmost Betong district in Yala province to Mae Sai, the northernmost district of Chiang Rai in a 2,191 kilometre charity run.
The main objective of the running charity campaign hosted by Toon Bodyslam is to encourage Thai people to donate some money for the country’s medium-sized hospitals currently in need of medical equipment. Mid November the rock singer had covered one-third of his charity run, or 700 kilometres, and has collected over 280 million THB in donations. He also became a role model for Thai people to stay healthy by jogging every day. A few months ago, Toon Bodyslam did this running campaign to help Bang Saphan Hospital in Prachuab Khirikhan. However, a lot of hospitals in Thailand need financial support for infrastructure improvement. Realising the problem, the Thai rock star reinitiated the project and made it bigger to help more Thai hospitals, namely Yala Hospital, Surath Thani Hospital, Ratchaburi Hospital, Chao Phraya Yomarat Hospital, Saraburi Hospital, Khon Kaen Hospital, Chao Phraya Aphai Phubet Hospital, Nakhon Phing Hospital, Chiang Rai Prachanukhroh Hospital, Nan Hospital and King Mongkut Hospital in Bangkok, where patients from other provinces are admitted daily.
The present running charity campaign is designed to be bigger and take more time so that donation becomes a lot more than the previous one. Also, no one in the country has done this before. It started on 1st November in Yala and is planned to end on 25th December in Chiang Rai. The host believes that, if each of 70 million Thai people donates 10 THB, he will receive 700,000,000 THB in total at the end of the campaign. Apart from seeing Thai people help each other, Toon Bodyslam would like them to take exercise to stay healthy. Since this campaign is the last activity of the rock singer, all Thai people are encouraged to help him make this mission possible. Those interested in donating money can do so via the following channels:
- by depositing money to the current account of Siam Commercial Bank (Public Company), Ratchayothin Branch in Bangkok, No. 111-393-5263;
- by sending the SMS from a cellphone (Type T and send the SMS to 4545099); by transferring money via Prompt Pay Service to 0994000005261;
- by using the SCB Easy App and making donation to the campaign directly;
- by transferring money via the SCB Easy Net at www. scbeasy.com;
- by depositing money to the ATM of Siam Commercial Bank (Public Company)
- by making donation via the Counter Service at 7-11 Convenient Stores throughout Thailand; and
- by the Payment Gateway (Only the customers with a debit or credit card of Siam Commercial Bank (Public Company) can use the service.