Where you going, big guy?
Following our story about the macaque monkey managing to avoid a fatal electrocution after tangling with power lines in Hua Hin, we thought it only fair to report that Pattani Province may have gone one better. Rescue Volunteer Thailand shared photos of their impressive rescue in Pattani when they saved from shocking death a python which innocently snugged up and coiled tightly around a utility pole. Pattani locals called up the rescue volunteers when they spotted the python on the electricity post. The python held on tight, so the volunteers ascended in a cherry picker to pull its head with a lasso and managed to bring the python down unharmed, MThai reported. Locals assumed the serpent snaked up the post because officials had sprayed antimosquito poison into a nearby water pipe just earlier.