The 3rd Cha-Am Fishing Competition will take place from 13th to 14th September 2013 as a part of the Shell Eating, Bird Watching and Squid Catching Festival.
This event was first held to coincide with the 1st Poo Chak Crab Tasting Festivaal in Cha-Am in 2011 and the second during the Shell Eating, Bird Watching and Squid Catching Festival last year. Both enjoyed great success with participation by tourists and local people alike.
The Competition has 6 categories according to the fish species: bass, grouper, ray, sheatfish, croaker and others. The winner and the first runner up will receive cash and a trophy while the second runner up will take home an award.
This year, the Rules of the Competition are as follows:
1. Each participant is allowed to catch as many fish as they can with only 1 assistant;
2. Each participant is allowed to use any fishing gear and bait;
3. If the weight of the fish is equal, the first participant who weighs it is entitled to win;
4. Fish can be weighed from 13th September at 7 p.m. to 14 September at 7 a.m.;
5. Judges will keep all fish after weighing;
6. All participants have to assemble at the Competition starting point at 5 p.m. to attend the opening ceremony at 6 p.m.
7. The Judges’ decision is considered final.
The application fee is 150 THB. Interested competitors can ask for further information at: Sap Jao Lai Shop tel. 032 472 236, Khon Tok Pla Shop tel. 085 429 5823 or staff at the venue on the date of the Competition from 12 Noon to 5 p.m.