Man Dies After E-Cigarette Explodes (England)

0
1585
E-Cigarette Explodes
Man Dies After E-Cigarette Explodes (England)
E-Cigarette Explodes
Man Dies After E-Cigarette Explodes (England)

A 62 year old man has been found dead in the living room of a property in Wallasey, Merseyside. Investigators from Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service (MFRS) found that an e-cigarette that had been charging in the man’s bedroom exploded, caught fire and ignited the oxygen tube of an oxygen concentrator, which may have been in use by him. It was the ninth fire involving e-cigarettes on Merseyside alone since the turn of the year, MFRS said. It has launched a campaign to give help and advice on smoke alarms and the use of the devices and their chargers.

“We urge people to always use electrical equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and guidance, always ensure that no electrical items are left charging overnight or left unattended for a long period when being charged and do not mix parts from different e-cigarettes.”

comments